8 Ways How Becoming A Twin Mom Is Like Joining A Sorority
If you’re a twin mom like me, you already know what I’m talking about! We share an unspeakable camaraderie that we can all recognize. Am I right?
When people first found out we were having twins, it seemed like a flood of twin moms came out of the woodwork to wish me luck. The support from those mothers was and has continued to be overwhelmingly helpful. Having previously been in a sorority in college, I quickly realized these 8 undeniable and borderline comical parallels between being a twin mom and being a sorority sister:
1. When you announce you’re having twins, the current members immediately rush to congratulate you and recruit you into twinhood.
2. You and other twin moms are the only ones that will receive a bid to be included into this special assembly of people.
3. Those with twins somewhere already in their families are automatically viewed as a legacy, given their prior connections.
4. Your twins will haze you in the first few weeks through many agonizing tactics, such as sleepless nights, never-ending simultaneous cries, doubly dirty diapers, synchronized spit-ups, and much more.
5. Once surviving the hazing process, you’re officially initiated into the twinhood society where other members share all of their sacred twin wisdom to help you succeed as a mother of multiples.
6. You then feel a special motherhood bond to ALL twin moms, not just with those in your local chapter.
7. After you know the secrets to successfully managing young twins, you carry on the tradition and repeat the cycle.
8. Eventually you graduate and move onto another phase of twin motherhood, leaving behind your pearls of knowledge for the new members yet to come.
Now, all we are missing is a secret handshake… ;)